There’s a good chance you’ll need the help of a tow truck company at some point or another if you regularly commute in Calgary. You can experience vehicle trouble at any time, especially if you don’t maintain your car frequently.
Whether it’s a minor accident, a flat tire, or a dead battery, a certified towing service provider can be extremely handy if you become stranded on the side of the road. While waiting for a roadside assistance company to arrive in Calgary, there are some things that you can do to prepare your car for towing and some things that you should avoid.
The following steps will help you prepare your car for towing and ensure your car’s safety:
Do’s Of Waiting For A Tow Truck Company In Calgary
Usually, when you call a heavy-duty tow truck service provider in Calgary, it will take some time for the towing company to arrive at your precise location, depending on how far you are at that time from their main office. This means that you might have to wait for a while before help arrives. When waiting for a professional tow truck driver to arrive, you can do certain things to prepare yourself and your car for towing.
Here are some essential things you can do when waiting on your tow truck service to arrive:
- Pull Over And Get Out Of Traffic: Make sure to move your car to the roadside to avoid blocking traffic. Even if you have activated all emergency lights, some high-speed drivers might not pay attention and could cause further damage or injury.
- Signal Other Vehicle Drivers: Ensure to turn on your car’s hazard lights, no matter if it’s day or night. This will signify to other vehicle drivers that you cannot move your vehicle. Other drivers will see your car from a distance, which will help prevent a potential accident, especially at night.
- Stay And Wait At A Safe Spot: If your car breaks down on a busy highway, and if you feel safer to remain in your vehicle, then stay inside with your seatbelt on. However, if you’ve pulled over to a roadside, you should exit your vehicle and stay away from traffic. Remain careful and look both ways when walking on the side of the road.
- Stay Calm And Protect Your Valuables: During such emergencies, try to stay calm and trust the towing company to arrive on time. Drink water and stay hydrated while waiting for the tow truck to arrive. The towing company will not be held responsible for any lost items. So it’s best to remove them immediately before the tow truck service arrives.
Don’ts Of Waiting For A Tow Truck Company In Calgary
It would help if you didn’t do certain things when waiting for a tow truck to reach your location. The best roadside assistance service providers recommend avoid doing the following things while waiting for help to arrive:
- Don’t Try To Tow Your Car Yourself: When stranded on the roadside, avoid pulling or hauling your vehicle on your own. Also, do not call for cheap towing service in your area as they might not have the adequate resources or training to safely transport your car.
- Don’t Leave Your Items Behind: If you don’t want to stay inside your vehicle while waiting for the tow truck to come, grab your personal belongings, and keep them with you at all times. Do not leave items like your cell phone, purse, insurance, and other vital documents unattended to avoid getting them stolen or damaged.
- Don’t Exit Your Vehicle Until Far From Traffic: It’s highly advised not to leave your car until you have safely moved it out of traffic. In case you cannot get your vehicle out of harm’s way, make sure you don’t exit your car even to do a quick check on your car; leave that part to the professionals.
- Don’t Accept Strangers’ Help: Since you need professional help in hauling or transporting your car to your home or mechanic safely, it’s best to wait for your two trucking drivers to arrive. In the meantime, do not take any sort of help from strangers to avoid further issues.
If you ever experience mechanical trouble, a car accident, a dead battery, or a flat tire in Calgary, you will need the expert assistance of a professional towing company. While you’re waiting for help to arrive, it’s essential to keep following the vital guidelines mentioned above to ensure your safety as well as your cars.
AAA Towing offers timely and efficient roadside assistance and towing services to help you with your vehicle’s safe recovery throughout Calgary and its surrounding areas. Visit our website for more information or contact us for personalized service.